Welcome to this space where we present you to our campaign 2013 about Migration!
This campaign is a follow-up of our project "Migration - Challenge for European Rural Development".
This year we have created 3 campaign tools:
A Position Paper, built from the conclusions of our seminar, expressing the commitments and demands of MIJARC Europe member movements, as we have been doing in the previous years. This document constitutes a lobby tool for MIJARC Europe and its member movements. You can check it here.
Making these tools available, we wish to empower MIJARC Europe member movements and all rural young people to engage in puting forward the commitments and demands expressed in the position paper and taking concrete actions concerning migrants' situations, especially in rural areas in Europe. Please, send us short reports (if possible with pictures) about how you campaigned or how you used these tools.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. These communications reflect the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
2009 is the year of European Elections and MIJARC Europe couldn't lose this opportunity to make the voice of rural youth to be heard!
A flyer specially designed for the local groups of KLJ Belgium, KLJB Germany, MRJC France, MJRC Spain, JARC Portugal, EiR Poland and CSF Bulgaria was prepared and translated in 8 languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Flemish, Polish, and Bulgarian), being disseminated to 130.000 rural youngsters in 7 countries of Europe.
This flyer aims at:
> informing local groups about the European elections and inviting them to go to vote;
> inviting local groups to send postcards to the candidates in the elections to present our 5 proposals for Europe;
> inviting them to act locally by organizing meetings with MEPs, candidates in the European elections, public debates with local population, etc
Download the Flyer
Click on the language you wish to download
Meetings with MEPs and candidates in the European elections
- 16/02/2009 - Haute-Epine (France) - 20 representatives of MIJARC Europe met theFrench MEP (and candidate) Brigitte Fouré to officially launch their campaign "YOU(th) can make the Europe of tomorrow!".
- 11/03/2009 - Strasbourg (France) - The national council of MRJC met 7 French MEPs (Mr Cavada, Mrs Trautman, Mr Guellec, Mr Lipietz, Mr Hamon, Mr Denanot, Mr Le Foll) during their parliamentary session in Strabourg to exchange about the issues of agriculture, education and employement).
- 31/03/2009 - Brussels (Belgium) - A delegation of 20 young people from KLJB Regensburg came to Brussels to visit the EU institutions. Together with Geoge Dixon (President of MIJARC World), Jürgen Westermann and Emilie Durochat, they met theGerman MEP Manfred Weber and candidate in the new elections. They presented to him the campaigns of MIJARC Europe and MIJARC World.
- KLJB Germany - dioceze of Regensburg - People from KLJB Regensburg have launched a campaign called "Wahlfänger" to make young people aware about the upcoming European elections and to invite them to go to vote on the 7th of June 2009. They printed a postcard which was spread by the local groups in the villages and local shops of the dioceze of Regensburg. Download the postcard here.
Press and Publications
Letters to MEPs and European Parliament Committees
- Letter to MEPs Committee of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Letter to MEPs Committee of Culture and Education
- Letter to MEPs Committee of Employment and Social Affairs
- Letter to MEPs Committee of Environment
- General letter to MEPs
Other publications on the European Elections
"JE MANGE, TU PRODUIS, ILS DÉCIDENT?"
"YO COMO, TU PRODUCES, ELLOS DECIDEN?"
This page is dedicated to MIJARC Europe Campaign on Food Sovereignty during 2011, fruit of the seminar "A sustainable agriculture for food sovereignty? Role and place of rural youngsters building the future agriculture" that took place in the European Youth Centre of Strasbourg from the 24th to the 30th May 2010, with the support of the European Youth Foundation.
During this seminar, a Political Paper was created, after re-worked and aproved by MIJARC Europe's General Assembly.
An information campaign was then prepared by MIJARC Europe with the cooperation of the participants in the seminar and is now available in 3 languages (English/French/Spanish).
Feel free to print it, spread it and, please, keep us informed about your spreading actions.