Summer Camp 2011
Rural Youth Attitude for European Development
With the support of the Youth in Action Programme of the European Union.
Ribamar (Lourinhã) – PORTUGAL
From the 20th (arrival day) to the 28th (departure day) of August 2011
A Youth Exchange counting with 39 young people coming from rural areas of 6 different countries in Europe: Portugal, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Poland and Bulgaria.
This was not the first time MIJARC Europe organises a Summer Camp with the support of the Youth in Action Programme.
If you would like to know more about our last Summer Camps you can check our section activities.
This year we have the pleasure to have JARC Portugal hosting this activity by the seaside, in the most western part of Europe!
The title we have chosen for this Summer Camp was: “Rural Youth Attitude for European Development”.
Through this topic we have shown the importance of an active European Citizenship to achieve a European sustainable rural development.
The main objectives of this youth exchange were to give rural young people the opportunity:
- to experience intercultural learning by exchanging realities, opinions and values with other rural young people from Europe;
- to discuss and recognise different realities of important issues that influence sustainable development in Europe, namely natural resources management, biodiversity loss and climate change;
- to cultivate mutual understanding and respect for cultural differences in Europe and show the need of youth cooperation at European level;
- to develop creative and critical thinking, active participation and initiative by motivating them to engage in projects developed at all levels;
- to get to know more about Europe and the important role the youth can play having an active citizenship for the future of rural areas in Europe;
Through non-formal education techniques, such us games, field visits, informal discussions, presentations, working groups,... and informal moments like thematic evenings, walks,...
If you want more info, please contact us through office-europe(at)mijarc.info
Our project is also present on the EVE platform, where you can find all the projects financed by the European Commission:
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.